- What did you get for your test?
- What did your friends get for the test?
- Did you do better than your classmates?
- Why are there so many mistakes?
- Were you being careless again?
- Did you get all the answers right when the teachers asked in class?
- How could you get that wrong?
- ARE THERE ANY SPELLING TESTS COMING UP?
Questions you should ask your kids when they get home from school:
- How was your day?
- What did you do in school today?
- Anything interesting happened?
- How are your friends/teachers/the other people at school/etc?
- What did you have for recess?
Just ask the five simple, heartfelt, caring questions, and let the kids report the rest on their own.
This shows that you are concerned primarily about their wellbeing, their experiences, and the people around them. Not their grades, how much better they are compared to their friends, or whether or not they are living up to your expectations.