Top Ten Sayings Of Biblical Mothers – MUMISM BACK THEN:
- Samson! Get your hand out of that lion. You don’t know where it’s been! (Judges 14:5-8)
- David! I told you not to play in the house with that sling! Go practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!
- Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for supper!
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! I told you never to play with fire!
- Cain! Get off your brother! You’re going to kill him some day!
- Noah! No, you can’t keep them! I told you, don’t bring home any more strays!
- Gideon! Have you been hiding in that wine press again? Look at your clothes! (Judges 6:11)
- James and John! No more burping contests at the dinner table, please. People are going to call you the sons of thunder! (Mark 3:17)
- Judas! Have you been in my purse again?!
- Jesus! Stop working on that old wood and come in and eat! You’d spend you life on that wood, if your father asked ya to!
Top Ten Sayings of Modern Mothers – MUMISM NOW:
- Money does not grow on trees.
- When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
- Always change your underwear; you never know when you’ll have an accident.
- Don’t make that face or it’ll freeze in that position.
- Be careful or you’ll put your eye out.
- What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
- You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
- Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
- If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
- Don’t put that in your mouth; you don’t know where it’s been!
Now you realize be it bygone era mums or this era’s mum, Mums are Mums.